1. Where is the Supreme Court of Appeal situated?
The Supreme Court of Appeal is situated at the corner of Elizabeth and President Brand Streets, Bloemfontein and can be contacted on 051 412 7400.
2. Which matters can be adjudicated by the Supreme Court of Appeal?
Except for the Constitutional Court, the Supreme Court of Appeal is the highest court in South Africa and it only deals with cases referred to it by the High Court. Three to five judges listen and decide all cases of the Supreme Court of Appeal and the final decision of the court is the one supported by most of the judges
3. Our services include:
- Serving and lodging appeal documents including Applications, Appeal Records and Heads of Argument.
- Checking Appeal Records and other documents to ensure that they comply with the Rules and Practice Directions of the Court.
- Liaising with the Office of the Registrar.
- Obtaining Court rolls and establishing the composition of the bench presiding over matters.
- Assistance in respect of all aspects of appeals and applications for leave to appeal.
- Advice and guidance on the Rules and Practice Directions of the Court.
- Drafting and taxation of bills of costs.
- Noting judgments and obtaining copies thereof.
For more information please visit our Supreme Court of Appeal webpage.